Sports Psychology Coaching
One of many Example of Mental Game Of Sports Assessment™ Discover What's Holding You Back From Playing Your Best The Mental Game Of Sport Assessment is meant to be broad, and to uickly provide you with the big picture in sport psychology. It will help you see numerous peak performance possibilities so your thinking about the mental game is stimulated. This assessment is very simple and easy to complete, and should take you around 5 minutes. It will help us begin to narrow down your desires for successful mental game training outcomes, provide a focus for our first coaching session and serve as a launching point for understanding how the mental game coaching process operates.
I believe that mental game training begins the moment you begin completing this assessment. Understanding the mental game, becoming aware of possibilities, knowing yourself, seeing the big picture, and expanding and sharpening your mental game toolkit all begin now.
- Here's how to complete the following 65-item Mental Game Of Sports Assessment.
- 1. Review this list of topics and select the number 1 next to the items that seem MOST important and URGENT to you to be WORKED ON FIRST.
- 2. Select the number 2 next to those that seem NEXT most important to work on.
- 3. Select the number 3 next to those that seem to be in the THIRD TIER of importance.
- 4. Leave a blank space next to those which DON'T seem to be important now, or at all, or which DO NOT APPLY to you.
- 5. Select the QUESTION MARK (?) next to those with which you are unfamiliar and would like clarification.
- 6. If there are any areas or concerns you would like to address NOT LISTED here, please enter them in the Questions or Comments section at the end of this form.
Here we go with the assessment.
The Mental Game Of Sports Assessment
Which of these 65 sport psychology issues would you like to know more about,get under control and master? Which ones are holding you back from reaching your full sports potential?
Please select the appropriate entry for each issue.
1 = most important, 2 = next most important, 3 = third tier of importance, blank = not important or doesn't apply, ? = needs clarification.
- 1. Control Choking, Panic Attacks and Nerves
- 2. Improving Confidence
- 3. Mental Toughness
- 4. Developing A Mistake Management System
- 5.Performance Consistency
- 6.Minimizing Perfectionism
- 7.Removing A Self-Critical Attitude
- 8.Reducing Frustration, Fears, Or Worries
- 9.Controlling Your Temper and Anger
- 10.Fixing A Negative Attitude
- 11.Removing Mental Blocks
- 12.Developing The Killer Instinct?
- 13.Dealing With Opponent Psych-Outs
- 14.Dealing With Slumps, Brown-Out And Burnout
- 15.Improving Motivation
- 16.Getting Into The Zone State
- 17.Dealing With Negative People
- 18.Pre-Competition Mental Preparation
- 19.Goal Setting
- 21.Stress Management
- 22.Higher Energy Levels
- 23.Mental Stamina
- 24.Fixing The "I Play Well In Practice, But Not In A Competition" Syndrome
- 25.Improvement Of Practice Efficiency And Effectiveness
- 26.Staying Relaxed And Focused Under Pressure
- 27.Finding More Patience With Yourself
- 28.Appropriate Aggressiveness
- 29.Appropriate Assertiveness
- 30.Reducing Self-Consciousness And Shyness
- 31.Reducing Intimidation By Opponents Or Officials
- 32.Minimizing Discouragement After Set-Backs
- 33.Developing A Strong Will To Win
- 34."Playing To Win" Versus "Playing Not To Lose"
- 35.Appropriate Level Of "Hating To Lose" Versus "Wanting To Win"
- 36.Self-Coaching Skills
- 37.Reducing Self-Sabotage
- 38.Stopping Procrastination
- 39.Strategy And Tactics Related To Peak Performance
- 40.Assessment And Diagnosis Of The Opposition
- 41.Dealing Effectively With Competition Officials
- 42.Dealing Effectively With Spectators
- 43.Dealing Effectively With Competitors
- 44.Dealing Effectively With The Media
- 45.Dealing Effectively With Coaches
- 46.Dealing Effectively With Parents
- 47.Visualization And Mental Rehearsal
- 48.Breath Control Training
- 49.Affirmations And Positive Thinking
- 51.Competing Well Against Weaker Opponents
- 52.Competing Well Against Superior Opponents
- 53.Beating Players You Should Beat
- 54.Closing Out The Win
- 55.Competing "At Home"
- 56.Competing "On The Road"
- 57.Overcoming Negative Thoughts And Images
- 58.Overcoming The Fear Of Failure
- 59.Overcoming The Fear Of Success
- 60.Life Balance
- 61.Life Stress Issues That Impact Your Sport Experience
- 62.Injury Rehabilitation And Pain Control
- 63.Reducing Stress Symptoms
- 64.Transitions And Retirement Issues
- 65.Ethical And Sportsmanship Issues
- 1. What sports have you played in the past? What sports do you play now?
- 2. What is your main sport now, and what have you accomplished in it?
- 3. What are your dreams and major goals in your sport?
- 4. What mental strengths do the people rated above you in your sport have that you do not have?
- 5. What background/experience/training do you have in any of these mind-body disciplines?
- Please note that we may or may not use these modalities in your mental training program. We customize your mental program once we see the results of your assessment. If you prefer to not use one or more of these tools on this list, just let us know and we will of course respect that. Autogenics relaxation
- Shankar's relaxation practice
- 1.Centering for peace and calmness of Mind and Thought
- 2.Hypnosis and self-hypnosis
- 3.Guided Meditation
- 4.Mental toughness training
- 5.Accessing subconscious power
- 6.Progressive relaxation through deep meditations
- 7.Understanding what you do not know that what you know
- 8.Stress management breathing
- 9.Visualization as reality
- 10.Practice what you want to achieve through mental and Management
- 11.Other mind-body disciplines
Sharing universal power from Master to students. Subconscious and inner mind training for best performance combining all the teachings of Reiki,Access Consciousness , Hypnotism,Emotional Freedom Technique, Guided Meditations , Breathing etc
Once you successfully make headway on these issues, how would that positively improve your sports performances and what would that mean to you?
- Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10, with ten being highest:
- How diligently and hard are you working and training in your sport overall (technique, physical conditioning, strategies, etc.)?
- How strong is your overall mental game?|
- What is your knowledge about the mental factors required for success in your sport?
Questions or Comments:
PLEASE BE SURE TO PRINT THIS PAGE after you have entered all of your responses.
If there are any other mental game issues that come up for you prior to our first coaching session, please write them down and we will address them. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or concerns. I'm here to help you. I am very excited about working closely with you on your mental game. This is a fascinating, fulfilling journey you are about to embark upon, one which will have far-reaching effects on your sport, your career and your life.